Monday, May 11, 2009

11th May 2009-Still standing!

Well, i managed to stay standing on my incredibly high shoes and in fact my hen night was a wonderful success!

Any nerves i had were soon washed away with my first glass of pimm's and then positively drowned when i moved on to a sea breeze! I won't go on to list in full all the drinks i had because i don't think this pc carries that much memory, but suffice it to say that the list included such things as several Mojito's, sambuca's, something called a 'stiffy' and of course, with a 'Sex and the city' theme, a cosmo! But i have to tell you all i was very well behaved and awoke sober and smiling the following morning to cook breakfast for the remaining hens! How very unlike me!

The evening started early (well in the afternoon really!) with a couple of unexpectedly early arrivals, but i was prepared well in advance and it was great to start catching up straight away. Everyone looked gorgeous in their glam outfits! By 8 o'clock we were all drinking, eating and laughing like old friends and the real fun began! I was presented with the obligatory 'bride to be' sash while the most embarassing pictures of me in existence were passed around the room! Hen party badges were donned while i had my 'L' plate firmly stuck in place! Then the quiz began! What a surprise! In the absence of my pre-mentioned unofficial bridesmaid i had not really expected any 'shenanigans' as i hadn't done the usual thing of asking someone to take charge of the night. But a very special friend stepped up and had planned the whole thing-making sure we all had a bit of craic and made fun of the bride! I was delighted and it turned out to be great fun!

We headed out for a meal although after eating my house dry of nibbles and snacks no one was really hungry! But for a table full of girls who all hardly knew each other the craic was 'mighty' and the evening flu by! After desserts and shots kindly supplied by the restaurant we headed into a cocktail bar where a few more cocktails were taken and then as planned we all went back to mine to finish off what we had started! I remember there was singing (not me), and pizza (what? more food!) and a good time had by all (so i'm told) and then a few hours sleep before breakfast!

I stayed standing in my shoes, and managed to remain relatively sober! I didn't do anything embarassing in front of my lovely MIL2B who raised a very lovely toast to me, and everyone loved everyone else! Brilliant! Now the count-down has really begun and we're having a great time! We even received our first wedding gifts on Saturday which was a great surprise and felt really special! Why did we not do this sooner...?

No comments:

Post a Comment