Tuesday, March 3, 2009

3rd March 2009-Bad times! Good times!

The weather has gone miserable again and my Italian sunshine still seems such a long way away! Between saving and dieting and our ever-depressing ecomony there seems little to smile about!
But i tell myself that i have so much to look forward to and even though it's hard to keep saving sometimes i also wonder how i'd feel if there was nothing to aim for? It's a pretty bad year to be getting married unless you're one of the mega-rich, but at the same time isn't it great to have something lovely taking place on what could otherwise be one of the worst years ever?
We worry about those who will attend the wedding-their finances are stretched to the limit in order to share our special day-and those who may no longer be able to because their financial situations have changed.
But we keep focused, glad to have something to aim towards, glad to know there is much to look forward to, and we know that when we look back on this period of our lives we will not think of 2009 as the year things went bad finacially, but as the year we got married instead, and that's pretty special isn't it?

I've heard friends talk about the time after their weddings when it seemed that all the effort they had spent in the planning was suddenly over, and there was no more to look forward to, and i wonder how that time will feel. I hope there will be some other adventure to begin, another plan to put into action, that will take up an equal amount of interest and energy. I suppose i'll just have to wait and see. One adventure at a time is more than enough for now!

I tried on my dress last weekend for the first time since buying it and i love it still, although i can't help but worry that i might feel i missed out on even trying a 'wedding dress', or even cheated my mother out of seeing me in one. Plus, having lost a bit of weight since then it is loose and hangs differently. I now have to decide which is more important-for the dress to fit perfectly, or to be thinner? I think i already know!!!! Afterall, the dress can always be taken in can't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment