Monday, April 27, 2009

27th April 2009-it is a girls perogative to change her mind!

Well, i spoke about my dress 'wobbles' a few weeks ago, and about how i had realized it was simply a case of comparing the one i had with the several million others also available-'too many dishes on the menu'-you might say (and yes, i experience the same difficulty when trying to decide what to order in a restaurant).

I thought i had it sorted, had stopped thinking about it, after all i am 'chilled out bride' no need to get stressed! Then my wobble turned into an all out body-shake when i saw a dress in a bridal magazine (these things are a huge mistake if you have already planned any part of your wedding-be warned!) and it screamed out of the pages at me 'I AM YOUR DRESS, BUY ME!'

Suddenly, and at last, i had seen a dress i REALLY loved and realised that i just 'sort of liked' the one i had. From that moment i just couldn't feel the same about it. And so, to cut what is an excruciatingly long and complicated story down to the bare bones, i now have a new dress-not as it turns out, the particular one which caused the damage and screamed at me, but a different dress all the same. AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i'm excited! I wake up extra early each morning and my first thought is my dress! And so is the MoB who had never seen her little girl look like such a 'girl' in all these years. I think she was almost as excited as me when she saw me in it, a reaction neither of us experienced with dress number one and one i am glad neither of us had to miss. So in a way i can justify the ridiculous expense and waste....!

Yes girls, take my advice, try on dresses, lots of dresses, before you decide which wedding dress you think you want. Don't limit yourself with the 'style' you think you will suit, or 'theme' you want to create, because once you put on the dress you are meant to get the inner 5 year old that has been trapped inside since you were, well...5 years old will find her way to the surface and decide for you! You see, it isn't really up to you which dress you choose, the dress itself will do the deciding for you and believe me girls no matter how hard and fast you run, you cannot get away from it, it will hunt you down and make you wear it!!!! But it'll be worth it in the end. Now, anybody want to buy an un-worn wedding dress...?

And speaking of wedding dresses, anyone seen Denise Van Outen's dress from her secret marriage to the gorgeous Lee Mead? It's stunning! She looks beautiful. It's a dress i would have loved myself had i Denise's long legs and slender hips! But she looks so relaxed and happy i think she would have been gorgeous in a bin bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment