Monday, January 12, 2009

14th January 2009-Everyone is lovely!

So we went to meet the solicitor who had been recommended to me by my boss, and he was a really lovely bloke. Not what i usually expect a solicitor to be like (i'm not going to generalise here-you probably know the type i mean) but a really nice, chatty, down to earth fella. Turns out he suffers from the same disease as me and is absolutely mad about Italy! He told us tales of some of his various trips there and i could have listened all night!

He has actually been to Positano and Ravello and assured us that we won't be disappointed when we eventually get there. It's always great to meet someone who's been because in my experience they invariably tell me the same thing-it's heaven on earth! And this is always good to hear considering we haven't actually BEEN to the Amalfi Coast! He said that Ravello is the prettiest little village he's ever seen and said how jealous his own wife would be when he told her about us getting married there.

So that was pain free! Bonus! He signed both of our affidavits and i posted my other forms off yesterday morning. I got a call from my lovely contact in the British Embassy today who confirmed she had received them and everything is in order! Woohoo! All going according to plan so far! Is it just me, or is everyone i'm dealing with regarding my wedding really pleasant? I'm thinking that there must be something about working in a job which involves making people really happy that makes you happy too. It makes perfect sense doesn't it? I hope any of you reading this are having a similarly pleasant experience with all the people you have to deal with.

So the paperwork is going okay, and i'm on day three of the dress diet. All is going well so far. To be honest i'm so tired that i'm not interested in food! This awful January weather is making me feel worn out all of the time. Plus i haven't been able to go to the gym since Christmas so i'm hoping that once i get back i'll have some more energy. I'm not eating that much but i don't feel any slimmer so far! Mind you, it has only been three days so i suppose a smattering of patience is called for!

Some of my friends have started their wedding diets too! It's amazing what a sunny holiday and a photographer will do to spur people on! I just hope they don't all look better than i do on the Big day!

I need to get my finger out now and begin writing my wedding ceremony soon too. I am doing my own because we are having a civil ceremony in the town hall which is very basic and business-like, and much as i prefer short and simple i would still like a bit of romance too. So Rosa, my wonderful Italian translator, has offered to carry the ceremony on a bit longer for me and say whatever i want her to! She sent me some templates that she wrote herself and told me i can change the wording if i want to. Usually in the town hall your slot is about 20 mins in and out but because we are paying a little extra to hold the ceremony at 3pm on a Wednesday (which is after hours for them) they have very kindly told us they won't take another booking for at least an hour so we can have a longer ceremony and drinks if we like! As i was saying, everybody is so nice! Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Anyway, i'm off to google wedding reading and order of ceremony sites! I want to get that part done next, then the fun can begin with favours and invitations!

No comments:

Post a Comment