Thursday, January 29, 2009

29th January 2009-Dress excitement mounting!

Okay, so the excitement over going dress shopping is mounting! And even though i'm trying not to get too carried away with myself because a.) i'm looking for something less weddingy than your average bride, and b.)i know i'm not going to find the dress i'm looking for, it's still exciting to think that i will have an excuse to try on anything i like because 'i'm getting married'.

No bridal or designer shop employee can look at me and say 'sorry, no messers allowed' because i am actually a bona fide bride to be and therefore it is my right to try on! I'm going to make the most of it because how many times in a girls life can she claim to have that excuse? (Well, just the one time i hope)!

I am stealing myself for disappointment though because i sort of vaugely know what i'm looking for but have no idea where to look. Most of the bridal websites i have traweled are full of beautiful but heavey and long wedding gowns which i just cannot see myself wearing (or wanting to heave around the Amalfi Coast in baking heat) and the odd one throws in one shorter style for good measure. But what they show on their websites and what they carry in their store, i'm clever enough to realise, are probably two different things! And i really don't want to wear the 'token' short dress. It's still my wedding day and i want something special. A good friend suggested a dress of a different colour and i admit, it could be an option for some. Why not? It's our wedding day and we can do whatever we choose!
But i am quite traditional at heart (in some ways) and love the idea of wearing white. Infact it has to be white for me. Not Ivory, or cappucino, or even champagne! No i really have my heart set on white. So wish me luck, i've a feeling i might find i'm being too picky!

Saturday is the big day so i'll keep you posted on how i get on.

In other wedding news we are still trying to choose a wedding car to take me to the town hall and then both of us (my husband and i!!!!) off to have photos taken in and around Positano before we head off to meet our guests in Ravello. I had really really really hoped to hire a vintage Italian car, something really old and quirky. But it is not to be. They just cannot be got unless you have them transported from Rome and want to pay extra for a driver.
So it looks like it's going to be a mercedes which is fine i guess, but not the statement i was hoping for! HWSRN is thrilled though cos he loves a really nice Merc!

I'm also going to have a scout around for invitation ideas over the next few days. I refuse to pay hundreds or thousands for them as i know some do, because i guess it just isn't that important to me. We made our own Save the date cards which were lovely, and i hope to do the same with our invites and keep the same theme (we found a lovely hand-painted pastel picture of Positano and used it as a back ground) so i'll see what i can come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment