Monday, February 2, 2009

2nd February 2009-The perfect dress!

I got it! I can't believe it! I actually found and bought a dress which i love and i think is perfect!

Without giving too much away...forget everything i said in my previous entry! The dress i decided on was totally different to what i had expected to end up with and i don't care! It's not even something i would usually try on and it isn't a traditional wedding dress, but it is perfect for where we are getting married, and for me, so i'm really happy.

I must admit i didn't really look in many bridal shops but my experience of those i did try wasn't great. I got the impression that they just don't want to get off their seat for you unless there's a guarantee that you'll be handing over your cold hard cash at the end of it! And i really didn't like anything i saw! I guess a 'wedding' dress just wasn't for me and i'm so glad because i can't tolerate bad service and it would have driven me mad to have to deal with rude, snooty shop assistants! I worked in retail myself for years and i understand how frustrating it is to spend time with a customer who doesn't end up buying from you, but thats just the way it goes isn't it. And the way i see it, if you're rude in the first place you've got absolutely no chance!

Anyway, on to happier things. The dress has spurned me on with my diet (trust me-only thin will do!) and i have already been to the gym twice today! I'm going to try not to keep looking at it so that each time i do it will still seem fresh and i won't get too bored before the big day! I'll just try it on every now and again when i feel like i'm loosing weight! There's nothing like knowing that a crowd of people are going to be looking right at the back of you for a considerable period of time to create incentive!

No comments:

Post a Comment