Friday, June 12, 2009

12th June 2009-Come fly with me...

One week to go before take off! Yippee! 12 days to go before i become a Mrs.! Woohoo! 16 days before we jet off to paradise! Yay! 5 miserable days left in work!!! Boohoo!



Well, one of them is nearly half over by now, and in fairness, i'm not exactly rushed off my feet (would be better if i was though to 'take my mind off things', as mothers do like to say), just sittin' here dreaming about sunshine (as i look at the rain outside the window!) and happytimes! We're about to have 3 brilliant weeks and they can't come soon enough.



All of the little finishing touches are just about done. This week it's all about finances, organising money for this, that and the other and making sure it all add's up to an amount we actually have! Too late at this stage if it doesn't though ay? And certainly too late to worry about it!!! (Should have told myself that at bedtime last night)!



Everyone is asking if i'm nervous yet, as if it's a sure thing that i am going to be at some stage soon and they just want to know if it has kicked in yet. Strangely i'm not!!! Not yet anyway, but i just don't think i will be. I have checked and triple checked with all of my vendors that they will do their jobs on the day and have no reason to worry that they won't-so i'm not nervous that something in the planning will go wrong. Obviously this is why we put so much time and effort into planning the big day so that we don't have to be nervous that things will go wrong. Also, the Amalfi road has now re-opened as of this week so i'm no longer worried about the journey taking for ever or anything! Unless, of course it breaks, down on the way, and what would be the point of worrying about that in advance???

I'm certainly not nervous about saying my vows or walking down the aisle! I'm sure on the day i will hate speaking in front of everyone and my voice will crack as i mumble 'i do' as my legs collapse beneath me but it's all part and parcel of the fun and possibly one of the only times in my life i will get to stand up in front of people and be centre of attention (unless my second marriage is to Barak Obama) so why not just enjoy it?

Am i nervous about getting married? About who i'm marrying? Absolutely not! Any nerves on that score at this stage would surely tell me i'm not 100% certain and therefore i'm doing the wrong thing! So no, absolutley no nerves on that score. I am sure i am ready to get married, and i am certain that i've picked the right groom (unless Mark Owen gets in touch with me tomorrow...)8 years of getting to know him has taught me that. So, there's nothing else for me to be nervous about is there? Why don't you ask me again in 11 days..........

No comments:

Post a Comment