Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3rd June 2009-3 weeks today!!!!

I must appolgise for my recent absence! Let's just say life is pretty hectic right now and i have been trying to make use of my 'spare' time by getting coursework and study done because i have my massage therapy exam this Saturday! Let's hear a collective AGH!!! Thanks!



Yes, bad timing on my part i know! An exam so very close to my wedding! Mad idea-stupid! But lets just cast our minds back 12 months to when this was still the most stress-free wedding on the planet-no i can't remember either! Sure an exam 2 weeks before would have been a breeze at that stage! But of course life never turns out quite how you plan it (never ever ever!!) and i should have realised that at the time of signing up for said course, but that would just have been too darn clever wouldn't it?



So here i am, getting married in 3 weeks but unable to allow myself to think about it too much, let alone write about it, because i need to focus on my forthcoming exam. Oh, the stress of it!! I feel like i am storing up a lot of hysteria which is certain to be released the moment i finish writing the answer to the last question on the exam paper...a moment i look forward to with huge anticipation!



Then i'll crack open the champagne and start the celebrations won't i? Er, well, perhaps i might after i have decided what i will do with my hair on the day (cue girlie night in with friend and curling tongs), compiled the wedding music (enough to go on playing virtually un-noticed in the back-ground while we eat dinner for approximately 5 hours!), sorted out what we'll do when we arrive back in London at 9 o'clock at night after our honeymoon and many, many minute and ridiculous other things i still need to work out! The champagne (or perhaps it will have to be Prosecco by the time i get it?) might have to stay on ice a while longer!

Normal life seems to get somehow put on hold in the build-up towards a wedding. Perhaps this is due to the expectation of a new start in life-a new beginning, as i guess it used to be back in the day (not so much now a new start as the finishing touch to most couples who, like us, have already commited to bills, mortgages and in many cases children). I wonder what will 'start' after the wedding? I was kinda hopin' just for some more of the same!

Anyway, now that i've caught up a wee bit i'd better get the nose back in the books, after all, if i manage to pass my exam that might be the 'start' of the next new chapter for me and h2b... and at the very least we can get some use from it on the honeymoon...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment