Tuesday, June 9, 2009

9th June 2009-New groom perhaps?

Well my exam is over thank goodness, so now i am free to talk, think and 'do' weddings 24/7 without the feeling of guilt i was experiencing when i should have been using my time more productively! Of course i'm sure i could still be using my time more productively but with only 2 weeks to go i might as well make the most of it! Plenty of time to be productive when it's all over eh?

Lots of things are getting sorted now so i gradually feel less stressed by the day and begin to look forward more and more to getting on the flight to Italy. The 'hair-trial' at the weekend with my friend went really well! She was able to do the style i'd had in mind quite easily and without causing anything more than a minor head wound (just kidding!) so has agreed that so long as i provide her with plenty of champagne while she does it, she will be my stylist for the day! I'm pretty sure that can be arranged!

Knowing what your hair and make-up will be like makes wearing the dress seem more appropriate and everything feels a tiny bit more real. I also treated my self to some nice bits of make-up for the big day and of course had a practise. It's such hard work being a bride...

The final bits of paperwork are now sorted out too (i hope) as we emailed copies of passports and witness details to Rosa who will take care of it all for us. She has saved us huge trouble when we arrive, even paying for the ceremony in advance for us so that we don't have to worry about it when we get there. All we need to do is go and see Mamma Agata's where our reception is being held and pay for dinner. We can't wait to see what it looks like 'in the flesh'!

We have booked our flights to London to start our honeymoon to the Maldives too! That's another thing off the list (as the list gets shorter my smile gets bigger!) and something else to look forward too. We have decided to spend a night there before we leave and another three when we get back to round off the holiday and do some sight-seeing. It should ease us gently back into the rubbish weather and normal life after Italy and the Maldives!

This weekend i am going with some friends to see Take That in concert and the excitement of that has just hit me too! Everyone is in celebratory mood so it should be a fun way to launch myself into party mood! My last day out as a single girl! I remember when i was 14 and imagined what my wedding day might be like-at the time it was little Mark Owen who stood waiting for me at the top of the altar!

So here goes, "Mark, if you're reading this, times running out for you mate! This is your last chance! See you Saturday..."!

2 comments:

  1. Hellooooo - I've earmarked Mr Owen as my second husband.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they say competition is healthy but as you already have a husband i think you should step aside and give those of us who are still single a chance...he he he!

    ReplyDelete