Tuesday, February 17, 2009

17th February 2009-Bridezilla? Moi?

I have to admit it-weddings take over your life!

I didn't want it to happen, i swore it wouldn't happen, i mocked others when they told me it would end up like this! But it has happened and it seems there's nothing i can do to prevent it.

How can a small wedding take so much planning and absorb so much of my time? Especially when it's supposed to be a relaxed, laid-back affair! What was it i said way back when i had free time to think about other things? No stress, no fuss! Pah! I tell myself that the only way to have a stress-free day is to put the time and effort in with the planning, make sure every tiny thing is organised to the nth degree before hand, but is one stress-free day really worth a whole year of stress?
And believe me-i am no Bridezilla! I am not fussy about whether the place cards match the invitations, i have not imposed a dress code on our guests to make sure some kind of 'tone' is set for the photographs, i will NOT get in a strop if a gust of wind blows my hair askew or the bus breaks down (i promise!!!), so why then, am i spending so much time making sure every detail is planned to perfection?

The honest answer? I haven't got a clue! It's seems that some sort of wave has swept me along and i am unable to stop myself. I have heard tell that it happens to all brides-to-be though i was adamant it would never happen to me. There is always something else to do, another detail to be dealt with. It's truly amazing!

Perhaps, in a way, i'm actually enjoying it. After all, how often do we get free reign to plan the perfect day? Only in our dreams and on our wedding day i suppose. So why not just go with it? In a way i actually think we create the stress ourselves-just to have something to worry about, something to over-come.

So i've taken a few days off. No plans will be made, no emails sent, i have even decided to hold off only for a day or two with writing out the invitations, just to breathe for a moment and think about something other than this wedding-which is still over four months away!!!

But i'm itching to get going again so i suppose i have to be careful. I'm dangerously close to becoming that Bridezilla i've avoided for so long! Agh!!! And in four months time, when it's all over, i'm not sure i'll know what to do with myself!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Leanne!

    I hope you don't mind me commenting, but I found your blog through www.youandyourwedding.co.uk and I was wondering if I could email you with a couple of questions?

    Good luck holding off for a few days and taking a break. I think you'll appreciate it when you go back to start writing invitations again!!!

    My email is annacleggkay@yahoo.co.uk if you would rather email me personally.

    Thanks, I appreciate your help!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have sent you an email Anna, look forward to hearing from you soon!

    ReplyDelete