Friday, February 20, 2009

20th February 2009-off the wagon!!!!

Well, the so-called 'wedding holiday' didn't really work! In fact, it was more stressful trying to do nothing for a while than it is actually organising things and getting stuff done! Not really sure what that says about me-perhaps i'm a control freak! All i know is i'm happier when i'm making things happen than hanging around doing nothing at all.

During this 'wedding holiday' i managed to confirm our choice for dinner menu with Chiara at Mamma Agata's, write out names and addresses on the invitations (which still haven't been posted but i'm getting there!) book a wedding car and talk to several bride-to-be's who wanted to know about my venue and stuff like that! So not much of a 'holiday' i think you'll all agree, but i certainly feel much better knowing that my plan to take over the world...i mean...get married in Italy, is all coming together. Ehem.

I keep telling myself there can't be much more to do. Surely? And then i manage to fine another 'detail' that just needs to be sorted out in order to make our lives easier. I say 'our' lives. I think HWSRN must think that getting married is the easiest thing in the world to organise because he will pretty much just turn up on the day (all going well of course) and say 'i do' and be none the wiser as regard to the months and months of hard slog that has gone into the organising, except for the constant up-dates he receives from me where i tell him what i've booked or what 'we' have chosen. I say 'hard slog', but actually i'm not really sure if you can call typing out emails or 'choosing' things all that difficult! Ah well, gotta make it sound like it was hard anyway!

And i can totally understand why they always say brides lose weight without even trying before their weddings! I wouldn't have believed it but i think it might be true! I am so full of this weird kind of nervous energy at the moment that i feel pretty sure i could survive on a huge tin of Minature Heroes a day and still lose weight! I don't know how long this will last, and i am not going to attempt to try out my theory, but i will keep you posted as to how long i remain standing up!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leanne!

    Congratulations, you're nearly there! I hope all is going well. You sound like you're in control :)

    I also found your blog through the youandyourwedding website, and am really considering a wedding next April in the Amalfi Coast! I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me... if you're not too busy!

    Mamma Agata's looks so quaint and elegant, and it would be somewhere that seems perfect for a small wedding. The thing I'm finding the most difficult is finding prices. Can you tell me how much your wedding is costing? (Not necessarily every detail, just the venue, food for 20 people, photography and the wedding car please!)

    If you would prefer to answer me by e-mail it is alivoong@hotmail.com

    I look forward to hearing from you.....

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alison,

    I've sent you an email.

    Best wishes,

    Leanne.

    ReplyDelete