Monday, February 9, 2009

9th February 2009-Sex and the City and great friends!

I've had a wonderful, girlie, wedding-y weekend and i'm loving how excited everyone is! My friends are probably even more excited about this wedding than i am and it's so lovely to have friends like that!

One really good girlfriend-who is definitely coming to the wedding-came and spent the night on Saturday and we had a great time drinking wine (Italian of course), watching Sex and the City the Movie (a must for all lovers of friendship, romance and shoes!) and of course talking dresses, shoes and more! She tells me she's not fed up listening to me yet, so i'm making the most of that while it lasts!

Then another friend (my unofficial bridesmaid, in fact) got in touch to discuss the all important hen-party! It was really touching to know that they're both not only excited for me, but looking forward to making a holiday out of the whole thing themselves so that makes the whole thing a win-win for everyone! And i have to say it's lovely knowing that even though times are tough for all of us, they still want to spend their hard-earned cash coming to Italy with us!

It's funny because i never saw myself as an excitable bride! Certainly no bridezilla! But the buzz it creates among those that care about you can't fail to get you involved! And that's what wedding's are all about really aren't they? HWSRN and i know how we feel about each other so in some ways the big day isn't going to hold any surprises for us on that front! But it's getting to share such joy with the other important people in your life that makes a wedding special, and i guess i hadn't realised that before. Having said that, i'm always a hopeless sop at the wedding's of friends, and cried more than the bride when my best friend got married, having to try and hold my breathe so as not to ruin the beautiful music with my sobbing, because i was so happy for her!

So i've decided to just enjoy the closeness a wedding can afford you when it comes to friends and family, and make the most of such a special time. Just like christmas, the build-up is as important as the big day! I am going to relish the girlie lunches and telephone chats discussing flowers and hair-do's, and days out with mother's and mothers-in-law buying outfits. I will even force myself to admit that i CAN see the point of a hen-night and look forward to being ridiculed in whatever way my friends see fit! Because as i'm finding out, this wedding isn't only about celebrating the love between my other half and i, it's also about celebrating all the other relationships we have, with our friends, our families, everyone who cares about us! And i don't need to be asked twice to join in a celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment